I made a nutty Father’s Day gift for my Dad this year. I think he loved it. We are both big nut lovers, so when I found this recipe for Spicy Mixed Nuts I thought I’d try it out on him. After he tasted them, he called and said that he couldn’t figure out what was in them…..tasted familiar, but what was it?? I laughed and said the recipe was really simple: nuts, sugar, cumin and……..dry onion soup mix. Ah-haaaa! The secret ingredient. It all sounds strange, but works together to make some really tasty spicy nuts. You should try it! Download the recipe now if you would like.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 envelopes dry onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 ounces dry roasted peanuts
- 8 ounces almonds
- 8 ounces cashews
- Blend dry soup mix with sugar and cumin.
- In microwave, melt the butter and stir in the dry soup mixture. Add nuts and stir until well coated.
- Spread nuts out on baking pan and cook for 10 minutes or until they have browned lightly.
- Stir and flip over and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Let them cool slightly before serving.
- May be stored in an airtight container for 1 to 2 weeks.
Now, of course you know me……I can’t just send a gift in a ziplock bag. It needs to have the cute factor! I created a cute little box to hold the nuts. Well, actually it only held like 1/3 of the nuts, so I did have to send some in ziplock bags!! Anyway, the boxes were my project post for the month over the The Hybrid Chick, so if you want more details on how it was done, click on over there!
Also, if you want to download the little card I made to go with my gift for a fabulous gift of your own you can do that here.