Well, it took us a week to finally get our act together enough to have the birthday party we had planned for the puppies. Lael asked me pretty much every day over the past week if we were having the party today……ok how about today? […]
Every month when I work on our menu, I try to find some new recipes to add to the rotation. I found this one in a cookbook that Todd bought for me on one of his business trips. It turned out really great. I liked […]
These are the best baked beans I’ve ever eaten, hands down. A friend of mine brought the dish to some event we attended a couple of years ago and I begged her for the recipe. I’ve been making them this way ever since. My family did come up with the name, Cowboy Beans. Just plain old Baked Beans didn’t seem to cover it! I forgot to take a picture before the family was digging in, so the pic is not the best quality. 🙂
- 1/2 lb smoked sausage, cut into 1/4 slices
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 3 tbsp chopped onion
- 5 slices bacon , cooked and crumbled
- 2 cans (16oz) pork and beans
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 1 1/3 tsp worchestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp mustard (powder or prepared)
- Brown sausage, remove and set aside. Combine ground beef and onion cook together stirring until meat crumbles. Drain. Stir together ground beef, sausage, bacon and remaining ingredients in a baking dish.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
[pinit] PrintPotato Chip Crusted Chicken Fingers Ingredients1 lb chicken tenderloins 1/2 cup milk 1/4 cup mayonnaise 1/4 tsp pepper 3 bags (6 oz) potato chips or 2-3 cups crushed chips InstructionsPreheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray baking sheet with Pam. Beat together mayonnaise and […]
Oh my! This dish is a definite win!! It is soooooo delicious! It was too spicy for my 10 year old daughter – but the rest of the family devoured it. And Lael thinks some toothpaste is too spicy! I found this recipe on Pinterest […]
You really must try this yourself!
Crock Pot Italian Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 package Zesty Italian dressing mix (I didn’t have a package on hand, so just used half a bottle of the Zesty Italian dressing)
- 2 cans Cream of Chicken soup
- 1 8 oz. block cream cheese (softened)
Now for the easy part. Put all ingredients in crock pot. Yes, even the raw chicken! Cook on low for 4 hours. If sauce is too thick, add a little milk. Serve over pasta.
Download this recipe to print here.
Each month for our staff meeting a different group of teachers is responsible for bringing the food. March was our month. A few weeks ago we were called upon to turn our staff meeting into a ‘Granny Shower’ for our boss. Oh sure, not a problem! […]
My Turn! Supper Club at my house! I decided to go with a Surf’s Up Santa theme. It was great, I told everyone I would not let them n unless they were wearing a Hawaiian shirt or hula skirt, or BOTH! We went all-out beachy, […]
We spent a weekend at LaLa’s with some of our favorite people, the Smith’s! Mayson was turning 4 so of course LaLa had made one of her famous cookie cakes, YUM! It’s super simple, recipe is on the back of the Nestle chocolate chips bag, but here it is also:
Original Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Pan Cookie
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 (12-ounce) package or 2 cups NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 cup chopped nuts
1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly roll pan.
2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Spread into prepared pan.
3. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool pan on wire rack.
One of Lael and Mayson’s favorite things at LaLa’s is ‘swimming’ in her bathtub. They usually put too much bubble stuff in and end up with oodles of bubbles!
It’s that time again – Supper Club. This time Marcia was hosting and as usual we had lots of delicious food. I brought chicken & dressing and macaroni & cheese. Two of my favorite recipes! Aimee brought her new favorite dessert – Apple Dapple Cake. […]
I saw these too cute Rainbow cupcakes in the March issue of Family Fun magazine. This is the one of the best magazines in print. Some of the stuff in it now is too young for my kids, a lot of preschool crafty type stuff – […]