My Turn! Supper Club at my house! I decided to go with a Surf’s Up Santa theme. It was great, I told everyone I would not let them n unless they were wearing a Hawaiian shirt or hula skirt, or BOTH! We went all-out beachy, with seafood and such. Since the host is responsible for the main course, I went with a Low Country Boil. I was afraid that it would be freezing and that Todd would freeze to death while outside cooking. But, it turned out to be decent weather. Everybody else brought either apps or desserts. This was our first time to do a low country boil ourselves. We have eaten them before, but never made it. Super easy though! This is the recipe we followed:
Low Country Boil
- Old Bay Seasoning TM to taste
- 5 pounds new potatoes
- 3 (16 ounce) packages cooked kielbasa sausage, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 8 ears fresh corn, husks and silks removed
- 5 pounds whole crab, broken into pieces
- 4 pounds fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Heat a large pot of water over an outdoor cooker, or medium-high heat indoors. Add Old Bay Seasoning to taste, and bring to a boil. Add potatoes, and sausage, and cook for about 10 minutes. Add the corn and crab; cook for another 5 minutes, then add the shrimp when everything else is almost done, and cook for another 3 or 4 minutes.
- Drain off the water, and pour the contents out onto a picnic table covered with newspaper. Grab a paper plate and a beer and enjoy!
I printed off some cute photo props and pretty much demanded that everyone choose two or three and have their photo taken. I love the way these turned out!!!