The Blue & Gold Banquet is a big deal in Cub Scouts. This is the time when the entire troop comes together for a dinner and awards ceremony. Our troop is rather large, someone said that we actually need to split up into two troops. Anyway, the dinner was in the Five Points building at Asbury, which is where they have the contemporary worship service. It is big, but it was also full! The food was delicious. What is funny is that it was the exact same meal that we just had at Chace’s baseball banquet a couple of weeks ago!
Caeden earned his bobcat badge, and he was so excited, but not really thrilled to go up on stage in front of 100+ people. This is what he had to do to earn it:
To earn the Bobcat badge the boy must complete these eight tracks of Akela:
- LEARN AND SAY THE CUB SCOUT PROMISE
- TELL WHAT “WEBELOS” MEANS.
“WE‘ll BE LOyal Scouts”
- SHOW THE CUB SCOUT SIGN. TELL WHAT IT MEANS.
- SHOW THE CUB SCOUT HANDSHAKE. TELL WHAT IT MEANS.
- SAY THE CUB SCOUT MOTTO. A MOTTO IS A RULE.
The MOTTO is: “DO YOUR BEST. “
- GIVE THE CUB SCOUT SALUTE. TELL WHAT IT MEANS.