These are the best baked beans I’ve ever eaten, hands down. A friend of mine brought the dish to some event we attended a couple of years ago and I begged her for the recipe. I’ve been making them this way ever since. My family did come up with the name, Cowboy Beans. Just plain old Baked Beans didn’t seem to cover it! I forgot to take a picture before the family was digging in, so the pic is not the best quality. 🙂
- 1/2 lb smoked sausage, cut into 1/4 slices
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 3 tbsp chopped onion
- 5 slices bacon , cooked and crumbled
- 2 cans (16oz) pork and beans
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 1 1/3 tsp worchestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp mustard (powder or prepared)
- Brown sausage, remove and set aside. Combine ground beef and onion cook together stirring until meat crumbles. Drain. Stir together ground beef, sausage, bacon and remaining ingredients in a baking dish.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.