Every month when I work on our menu, I try to find some new recipes to add to the rotation. I found this one in a cookbook that Todd bought for me on one of his business trips. It turned out really great. I liked it a lot. It reminded me of the Cashew Chicken at Panda Express. The twins weren’t all the crazy about it, but that didn’t surprise me!
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 small green pepper, sliced and seeded
- 1 (8 oz.) can water chestnuts
- 1 cup cashews
- Fried Rice
- Combine soy sauce, sugar and ginger and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Stir fry chicken until browned.
- Add onions, green pepper and stir fry for 2 minutes or util vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add water chestnuts and broth; bring to a boil and stir in soy sauce mixture and cashews.
- Cook until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Serve ladled over a bed of rice.